cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bjh_68

Seen the Neuro for my headaches!

Good morning to everyone, I seen the Neuro about my chiari headaches, but of  course, I am also battling with neuropathy in my hands and feet also and some other symptoms. He strongly suggested I let them do the decompression surgery. The Neuro Surgeon will contacting me by Tuesday for the appointment and give me more details. I was nervous about it, I am 50 years old and this is a serious operation and because its a risky surgery for me to undergo, but I prayed and God is giving me the strength not to fear, he is with me. I am still trying to remain on track with my stop smoking attempt, though I fear this may make my quit even more difficult, but I am trying to remember that smoking will only make my problems worse not better. So I maybe out of touch for a while! Keep me in your prayers. I will update my progress on my "Quit" as often as I can. God Bless.

8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I am sorry for your need for this surgery...but please don't let it be an excuse to smoke.  You will heal more quickly and more completely if you don't smoke  Don't EXPECT it to ruin your quit; it will then become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Remember - there is never a good reason to smoke; there are only excuses!

Do stay in touch as you can!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

Remember to never give in never give up NOPE no matter what is happening in your life.  Smoking doesn't help.  Prayers. 

Barbscloud

I'm sure you want relief, but anything like this is stressful.  Make sure you ask lots of questions and get a second opinion if you feel it's warranted.  Like Nancy said, smoking isn't going to help with surgery and some doctors won't perform an operation is your currently smoking.  Stay close if you can to help with keeping your quit.

Bar b

bjh_68

Thank you , Great Advice. I will stay in touch hopefully. I agree I still need to stay quit it want help my recovery....are my health.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

You will be doing yourself no favors smoking, with upcoming surgery...most surgeons will not even perform if someone hasn’t quit for at least a month ... I will send a prayer that you quit smoking ... ~ Colleen 118 DOF 

indingrl

Thanks for keeping us posted and prayers lifted in MY Lord Jesus name amen

0 Kudos
lqsi12

Hello to my fellow Alabamian, God's got your path.  

0 Kudos
elvan

Prayers coming, please do not smoke, it is the worst thing you can do for yourself.  Taking care of yourself includes not smoking, it is the FIRST, BEST thing you can do for yourself.  Remember we are here when you are able to write.

Ellen

0 Kudos