cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

KV01

Jan: What's Your Quit Date?

Welcome to this group! Let's start this group off with sharing our chosen quit dates for January 2015.

I'll go first,

January 11, 2015

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
JDW14atPitt

I'm quitting on 1/1/15.  Started taking Chantix a week ago, and don't feel any different about smoking yet.  Hoping the increased dosage that I start tomorrow will help make it easier when the time comes.

0 Kudos
melissa66

My quit date is 1/9/15. Found this site yesterday afternoon and would like to use patch and lozengers and or gum. Right now I am using and learning the website and finding it very helpful!

0 Kudos
KV01

Welcome JDW!

Another January 1st quit! Cher, who is also a member of this group has chosen the same day to quit. Definitely check in often so we can all cheer you guys on!

I'm very curious to see if Chantix helps the process of quitting for you. I've heard many success stories of people using that medication. 

You got this!!

0 Kudos
KV01

Awesome Melissa!

I'm going to be using the patch and gum/inhaler. I was able to obtain the Nicotrol inhaler through a smoking cessation program held by a local hospital.

0 Kudos
CinnamonWings

My quit date is January 10th. Even though I've quit before I feel green. I don't know if I'll be using the patch or gum or just brave it without. Sometimes just thinking about the first day makes me feel nervous. I need to chillax. Anyone else having anxiety? I need to get stoked and battle this monster.

0 Kudos
lisacomingore

Hi!  My quit date is January 26th.  I just joined today and I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is nervous...

0 Kudos

My wife and I have quit on January 1, 2015 with no substitutions.

0 Kudos
mrsmylo309

Hi! My quit date is 1/10/2015
0 Kudos
david67-2

My date is jan 26th

0 Kudos