cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Request

The name of my group would be  socal Parents

The idea of the group is to have a group where parents who live in Southern California Can get support and guidance through quitting smoking and life

I myself can manage the groupwith the help of a couple of others  willing..thats if thats acceptable ... I would describe this group as a place to go for parents who live in Southern California who need support whether it be for quitting smoking or having a rough day that would make them relapse and start smoking again to get support 

key words  to summarize your group

single parents, Southern California, socal, moms, dads, daddy, mommy, parents

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Also open to suggestions of any type 

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Schooleyluv‌ Thanks for your post. Are you hoping to meet in person?

I'm a bit hesitant to make  such a specific group without a mass of people who fit this demographic.  We have Moms‌, Dads‌, Single Parents‌, California Quitters‌, Divorced and Quitting‌. Perhaps you can gauge some interest in some of those groups to see if there might be some interest.  Many of the successful quitters on here would agree that being surrounded by experienced quitters is valuable even though you might feel like having an accountability partner at the same stage as you is the right choice. Definitely having others who are having a similar experience would be valuable to know what you're going through to be able to bounce ideas off in general though I don't think it should be limited to SoCal.  Besides what if you  make friends with an awesome other person on the West Coast and then you can have a place to camp out on a trip east in the future?

In addition to the groups I mentioned you can also locate members who have logged in in the last year or so and who have set a location.  You'll find some people who indicate the state of CA or City, CA as well.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos