cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lqsi12

3rd hand tobacco

Thirdhand smoke lingers in the home long after smokers have quit. ... A new study led by researchers at San Diego State University finds that even six months after people within a home stop smoking, the home, as well as the nonsmokers living there, still show elevated levels of dangerous carcinogens linked to cigarettes.Sep 22, 2016

13 Replies
indingrl

Thanks for sharing - so that is WHY the elders SUGGESTED to  ME - to clean and add some fresh paint - IF - you can - IF NOT - wash with disinfectant or bleach product with favorite scent and wash all clothes drapes rugs etc- yahooooooo Praising God I took that suggestion!

hattonc

Wow .. 

Barbscloud

I moved instead!   I didn't smoke inside when I moved to this house 5 years ago.

Beck37

I quit smoking in my house 15 years ago. I was moving from one home to another and was moving my clothes when I smelled how Smokey they were. Don’t know how I had never noticed before, but that did it and never smoked in the house again....

gregp136

Where did you see this article?

0 Kudos
lqsi12

there are many stories online concerning the health hazards of the residual affects of tobacco smoke.  All you have to do is Google.. of course you should ensure the site's material is legitimate and you trust the information there. 

https://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=3+hand+cigarette+smoke

elvan

My husband was a rare book and antique dealer and he could always tell when something came from a house where there were smokers.  It made a big difference in the value of items...even old ones that were otherwise in mint condition.  Smoke residue stays on many surfaces and sometimes cannot be removed.  I am really glad that I did not smoke in my house.  Still, I have no idea what risk I put people at because of the residual smoke on my clothing.

Hey gregp136‌, what a treat to hear from you.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Beck37

I have customers that will bring in a tv remote to switch out as it “no longer works” and it will be soooooo brown from cigarette tar it’s disgusting.... You can only imagine what the house looks/smells like

Sent from my iPad

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

blech!

0 Kudos