cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Magnolialane

allen Carr book

I’m on day 46 of being a non-smoker. Yay!!!! I am reading a lot about Allen Carr’s book. Is it too late to read it because I’m not smoking? I’ve read that you smoke your last cigarettes while reading the book.

11 Replies
anaussiemom

It is still a very informative , fast, funny, important book, to read.  MHO

Congratulations too.

YoungAtHeart

It is never to late to understand this addiction and how it affects your body and mind - and he provides that.  Just ignore what doesn't fit you.

Nancy

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

I read it after I'd already quit. It can only help, no matter when.

Congratulations on 46 days of freedom!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Happy Thursday Magnolialane Congratulations on your 46 Day of Freedom...That is super...I don't think reading anything about quitting in this journey isn't bad...I think it's great and reinforces the quit...so Read on...remember Knowledge is Power...~ Have a beautiful day ~ Colleen 108 DOF 

0 Kudos
lilisin

I'm roughly on day 50 and I read sections of it often...sometimes every day..It's been a tremendous help. Keep with it!

elvan

Congratulations on your quit.  I read the book after I had been quit for a couple of weeks.  I focused on the things that I felt I could relate to.  There were some that I did not find terribly helpful but there are some that stuck and still resonate after more than five years.

Ellen

DonnaMarie

I bout the book decades ago. Then I bought the electronic version.  I go back and read bits of it often. It is never too late to learn and/or reinforce what you already know. I think it is the best book out there because of its simplicity. 

Donna

Day 96

Barbscloud

I also read it after I quit.  I found much of it informative and useful, but still don't agree with the premise it's "easy to quit".

hope111

I actually read the book and followed his direction putting out my last smoke at the end of the read.  I am now at 60 days quit so something must have stuck with me from the book.  I too struggle with the "it's easy to quit "  thing but understand why it is put in his book.  Thoughts like "this sucks" , or "this is impossible" ,  have to be stamped out somehow.  For me at least .... when I think about how difficult something is I want a smoke.  My 2 cents. Have a wonderful experience and an easy quit today!

0 Kudos