cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

On a Positive Note

I don't want to just come here to vent; I want to be a positive influence as well.  That being said, I had a check up and aced it 100%, well except for my cholesterol which I'm getting a handle on.

To all the newbies who think they can never quit the evil nico-demon, YOU CAN.  If someone like me who smoked for 50 years can do it, everyone can.  March 14th was my 8th month as a non smoker.  I Never thought I'd be celebrating such a huge accomplishment but I am. You can too.

Was it difficult? Hell yeah!  Were there times I almost caved in? I'd be lying if I said no.  This is a daily struggle; a daily challenge.  Like everything else in life you take each day ONE STEP AT A TIME.  Each DAY is the day you are in it.  Don't look past each day; focus on the Journey of the Day. After a while you won't even have an urge. I've got a lot going on in my life right now and I'm still not smoking.  The path ahead is filled with tests and it is up to Us to pass each test with flying colors.

Since my quit I have more energy; haven't had that in a long time.  I'm sleeping so much better and my focus is on point.  Food tastes better, the air smells cleaner and I'm proud to be among a group of incredible people here.  If you take along all your supporters while you are in the process of quitting you too will be in the awesome place that I am in.

If you look at my photo, I'm a blonde now   I did that for my 8th month quit date.  Celebrate each day but more importantly, CELEBRATE YOURSELF.

12 Replies
MarilynH

A super duper Congratulations Ralph on your 8 glorious months of Smokefree living YAY for each and every Day WON, LIFE really does get better and better without the crutch of cigarettes plus LIFE happens whether we smoke or not and choosing Not to Smoke is the gift of LIFE.....f2c2a997118d5f77ae0cc2ceaa0e47df.jpg

JACKIE1-25-15

Love the avatar, thanks for sharing your encouragement. 

YoungAtHeart

So, tell me  - DO blondes have more fun?!!!

Ralph1955

We sure do People love it and think I took 10 years off my age … I think 20 LOL

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Why not go for 18??!!!

Ralph1955

LOL Even I wouldn't believe that

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS ON 8 MONTHS AS A NON SMOKER YAHOOOOOOOO AND WAY TO GO!!!

Barbara145

Congrats on 8 months.  You sound wonderful.

elvan

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on 8 months, blondie.  It's a good look on you!

Ellen