cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lqsi12

JUUL

oh my gosh, I just saw an advertise on network T.V. for using a JUUL I'm depressed and cannot believe that this is something that can be advertised like this.  My concern is where else is this being advertised. 

14 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I cannot believe they are doing that.  But - it's not like there aren't enough STORES that folks can easily SEE!  There must be five in my little village.

I cannot BELIEVE they are allowed to do that - but, then again, they aren't tobacco - so they probably will require separate legislation to ban.....

Crap!

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

They're working on it.

FDA restricts e-cigarette sales to curb teen vaping 

The good thing is that there is being a much quicker response to it's dangers than we had with tobacco.

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

I find it hard to believe too.  Just sad that they can advertise something that is clearly addictive.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I can't believe it either it's sickening because people's lives are at stake!

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Wow...I haven't seen advertisements for JUUL...sad...very sad...~ 

0 Kudos
elvan

I have not seen any ads...our local paper carried a two part series on the number of high school kids using this and also substituting THC (marijuana) for the nicotine.  The article said the school is trying to educate teachers and parents to recognize the very subtle smells.  One kid's car was searched in the parking lot because his JUUL AND his marijuana pods were in plain sight in the front seat. Enough young people who are now OLD people like ME have been damaged by this addiction, somehow, there has to be a way to stop them.  Makes me sick...oh wait, I already AM sick.  

Ellen

sweetplt

I saw the commercial today ... as an add to quit smoking ... I don’t know what JUUL is, but I thought it was an e~cigarette???

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I have seen the ads and wondered the same thing. 

0 Kudos
elvan

It looks like a thumb drive for a computer but you can put nicotine liquid into it...I guess.  I have only seen ones in our local paper, I have NOT seen them in stores.