cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

amiray39

Insanity!

Since I have been off work, I am finding myself at times reaching for one if those things...

Positive:  When I first woke up, "/blogs/Marilyn.H.July.14.14.-blog/2019/03/07/nope-vigilance-works?sr=search&searchId=29080c16-1b72-4..." was my first thought and it has kept me on track all day. And there have been moments where I just wasn't sure. Gotta be honest there but I just keep telling myself nope.

Tags (1)
13 Replies
TW517

Yep. The first few days are crazy getting used to. You’re doing great! Proud of you!

amiray39

Thanks! 

sweetplt

It’s hard amiray39 those first couple of days.  It seems ones emotions all over the place, deep breaths help...you are doing great ... 

Giulia

Sing it!  The Nope Song‌   and 

Horsenose.jpg

indingrl

Cool good job Ami.

Sandy-9-17-17

N.O.P.E. is a great word!  Keep on saying it, over and over!   You got this!   Fresh air.....Breath! So much better feeling fresh air fill the lungs than anything else!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Slow, deep breaths!  Slow, deep breaths!  Sip lots of cold water!  March in place!  Stay busy!  Do a jigsaw, a crossword, or get an adult coloring book and markers.

Did I mention you need to stay busy and stay out of your head?   When a smoking thought hits, think IMMEDIATELY of something ELSE!  Count backwards from 100, name U.S. cities that begin with each letter of the alphabet, find the white things in your room, then the blue, then the red.  Count them, put them in alphabetical order.  Get the idea?

Just do it!

Jennifer-Quit

Stay busy!  Here is a link with some ideas!

100 Things

beazel

Insanely awesome!!!! NOPE