cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

wyndee-walker

Janruary 5th is my birthday, I want to celebrate it by being an ex-smoker

I will be 32 years old, my friend's father is dying of emphysemia right now and can barely get around even with oxygen. I keep imagining how I would feel to be his age with his condition--he has quit smoking but it is too late his emphyusemia will progress to the point where he will slowly suffucate to death. I don't want that to be me in another few years, I already have COPD. I also have a daughter who will be turning 3 and I want to celebrate this milestone by being smoke free, and being able to give her lots of time and attention that I would normally spend sucking on a cigarette. My parents are both ex-smokers. My father is disgusted with my addiction and my mother is kind of co-dependent on me with it. She has bought them for me in the past and I have bullied her to the point of exhaustion about it. I am ashamed of myself when I smoke. Anyway I want to learn as much as possible and join as many groups to become an ex-smoker and never take another puff.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lisa53

stick with it, it does get easier,you will have a better time if your not smoking!!! this is my 3rd and final time,You can do it. I just got really sick didntplan on quitting right now but it's been quite a few days...
0 Kudos