cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

nevergiveup

Side Effect of Chantix

So, this is my second attempt with Chantix. There are likely previous discussion on here about it...I honestly haven't tried searching for them. I'm okay taking the drug, but could use some pointers on dealing with the queasiness. Other people I've talked to who have take it, haven't experienced this particular side effect. Night time solution for me personally is going to bed immediately. Could use any suggestions for morning. I've tried eating substantially beforehand, doesn't help.

23 Replies
sweetplt

Hi And Welcome to Ex's...I am so sorry you are having side effects...I have never taken Chantix so I am unaware of the side effects.  The pharmacy should have given you a paper of any and all side effects.  Others will help you that have taken the medication.  Do you have a quit date yet? Also, might I suggest you read and prep at My Quit Plan I know they mention in here about Chantix perhaps that will be of help...~ Colleen 101 DOF 

0 Kudos
nevergiveup

Thanks Colleen & thanks for the badge. Today is my day 2. Not my first

attempt, but hoping it's my last.

Martha

2 DOF

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019, 10:46 AM sweetplt <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

sweetplt

Congratulations on Day 2 Martha...this is super news...~ Hugs I know the first week isn't easy...but you can do it...just praying you get some answers on your side effects...

0 Kudos
minihorses

I recommend Dramamine before taking Chantix.  I used Chantix and did not experience any problems with it but I do know from experience using Dramamine before other meds that have made me queasy worked great.  Hoping this helps because Chantix was my saving grace in my quit!

nevergiveup

Thanks swrrtplt! I will definitely try that.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019, 11:37 AM sweetplt <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
nevergiveup

Thank you also, minihorses!

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019, 11:35 AM minihorses <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
indingrl

Dr Hays has good articles.

0 Kudos
nevergiveup

Okay. I'll check them out. Appreciate the suggestion.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 11:54 AM indingrl.01.06.2011 <

0 Kudos