cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

wyndee-walker

I just threw away all my cigarettes

I had about 200 butts that I was saving till my check comes in and I threw them away. I know I'm still addicted and this is more than just a filthy habit but I'm so tired. I'm tired of waking up and letting 5 or 6 cigarettes be my morning upper, my daughter asking me to quit because the smoke gets in her eyes, the filthiness of tossed cigarettes and staring at an ashtray full of wasted time and money nifotine delivery devices, I'm tired of panic attacks--the feeling of dread that comes when I know I don't have enough, I'm tired of letting it control my life, I have spent milk money on cigarettes, I have searched for butts on the side of the road, I have picked them out of store ashtrays (secretly) I have stunck up my mom's car with them, I have smoked around her and in her house even though she has had a breast cancer scare. This is my last attempt, my quit day is today and I pledge to never take another puff.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lindamc

Don't beat yourself up too bad, I have done the same things you have done. Smoking is a nasty addiction, I am so glad I finally managed to quit. I did a lot of deep breathing and staying busy.
0 Kudos