cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

What flower is this?

Jump to solution

My husband bought me a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day and there was this wonderful green ornamental in it that I've never seen before.  Anybody know what it is?  (The bouquet has ended, but this green thing is still hang in.)  Has a very tall stalk, kind of like an Allium stem.

IMG_8388.JPG

IMG_8389.JPG

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sootie

Dianthus -Green Trick

What do you think @Giulia----same thing?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Mandolinrain

I don't think it's a Bulbine. It looks sorta like Wooly Bush, pictured below.

But just guessing here.

Let us know what you find out, cause now I am curious. Maybe call the place where he bought it?

Looks like it belongs in the 'pine family' perhaps???? Because looks 'woody'?

th.jpeg

Sootie

Well G----I've done some extensive research and what you have there is a green thingy which is stuck behind flowers in a bouquet. Typically I toss them out because I am an all flowers girl ................. Still looking forward to seeing me???????

RachelMB

Lady G-I have no idea what it is but it's really cool looking.   I have seen them before in bouquets.

Rachel

0 Kudos
Barb102

I like it. Don’t know what it is

0 Kudos
Barbara145

I have no clue.  I have never had one in any of my bouquets from florists in Virginia.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Wonder if it could be an Asparagus vanity? There are many of them????

0 Kudos
Giulia

I don't think this is of the Asparagus variety.  Further clues in identification:  has no scent, so probably not of the allium family.  Has a segmented stem similar to horsetail (and the asparagus for that matter) but not as tough and stalky.  But it's a long smoooth stem and it's a round stem so it's not part of the mint family (which is square), but I do notice that it is segmented. 

0 Kudos
Sootie

Dianthus -Green Trick

What do you think @Giulia----same thing?

Mandolinrain

Winner winner, chicken dinner, by George I think you got it!  Good investigating!

0 Kudos