cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lqsi12

stash

Since I have stopped smoking my cigarillo's I've noticed that within the last few days I have 0 cravings or desires.  Going about my usual day, doing things that I used to do smoking, such as coffee, reading online outside, after dinner etc my craves seem non existent.   This morning on the way out to our volunteer work, I walked by where I kept, and still have a carton of smokes, I looked and them and felt nothing.  Are there any other newbe's that still have smokes around, for whatever reason ? 

19 Replies
anaussiemom

NO! There is no way I could have cigarettes, cigars, vaps.... accessible, to me at my leisure.   Terrible idea to keep cigs around period.

YoungAtHeart

It's not recommended to keep them around - one really stressful moment can send you right there.  Do you have someone to whom you could donate them?

jmho

sweetplt

All smoking paraphernalia should be gone ... ~ 

Yep, get rid of them.  There was no way I could of had cigarettes around.  The only cigarettes I had around was in a Gatorade bottle filled with water I had used as an ashtray right before I quit. One whiff of old, wet cigarettes and my craving was gone!

lqsi12

that was my quit method !

Great minds think alike:)

amiray39

Interesting...

Sootie

If I had cigarettes....I smoked cigarettes. That is not the case now....but in the beginning, NO WAY could I have had cigarettes anywhere near me. I strongly suggest you dump them. Having them around is just tempting fate. You don't need them....you don't smoke anymore.

Barbscloud

Absolutely not.  It only takes a moment to give in to crave and that "only one won't hurt".