cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

3rd Time’s a Charm?!

I’m new to this site.  I have read so many wonderful support discussions.  I’m excited to be here.

ive tried to quit 2 times in the past 2 years.   I’m hoping 3rd time is a success.   I’ve just started, day 2.   I feel more determination than the other 2 times.  I’m turning 50 in April.  Maybe it’s that, maybe it’s my beautiful 11 year old son who tells me to stop all the time, maybe it’s just time.   I’m going to get on here everyday.  Everyone seems so nice and supportive.  This is an element I didn’t try in the past.  Good Luck to everyone and hope to talk to you soon!  Melissa 

16 Replies
anaussiemom

welcome-3d-yellow-green-animated.gif

0 Kudos
Bree19

Welcome to our playground!!

YoungAtHeart‌ and elvan‌ and many others will be around soon to guide and advise you.

I'm so glad you're joining us.  Quitting is doable.  Stay close.

Hugs and blessings

Bree

Thank you Bree!  I’m so grateful to have found everyone here!    I’m going to do this!  Thank you  

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Congrats on your decision to quit and having your first day won.  You've already been successful with your first day smoke free.  Stay close to the side and read/post.   Preparation and education about this addiction are key to success.  If you need help reach out.  We're here for you.

Barb

0 Kudos

Thank you Barb!!   I really want it this time.  I’m trying to get and be prepared for the bumps in the road that I know are right around the corner.   I’m so glad I found y’all! 

indingrl

CONGRATS MELISSA ON 2 NICOTINE FREE DAYS AND WAY TO GO!!! GOOD JOB!!! Yahooooooo and WELCOME!

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome melissaharrocks 

I am a third time charm.  After losing two long quits, I am on my 3rd and last quit.  The difference has been this site and the determination to rid the smokes from my life.  I am so happy you found us.  One thing I suggest to all new comers is to read at My Quit Plan if you haven't all ready.  It gave me knowledge and preparation.  Also, I have found it is so much more then just quitting...it is learning to be happy and doing life on it's terms without the smokes...You can do this...I am so happy you came to Ex's...Colleen 92 DOF

Thank you so much Colleen!  I feel so much determination and support from this site.  I did read the quit plan and am making my plan to get through the bumpy roads that I know are right around the corner.   I think this was the missing piece the first two times, I had no support.   I’m so blessed to have found all of you!  Thank you ☺️ 

maryfreecig

Welcome to Ex. We're here 365 so you can count on support...it's just the way it is around here. Keep coming back, keep reading and blogging. Yes you can find the quit you are looking for one day at a time.

You might find the content at these links helpful:

What is the Single Best Thing You Can Do to Quit Smoking? - YouTube 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/newbie-quitters/blog/2019/01/27/one-of-the-greatest-tools-...  by Jackie

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6753-dopamine-the-double-edged-blade by Thomas