ozzymom

NEED to start today but how

Discussion created by ozzymom on Mar 2, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2019 by Mark

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but certainly not new to trying to quit.  I've been a smoker for almost 40 years and tried to quit more times than I can count.  In fact I actually did quit real cigs about 2 years ago but did it with the help of an e cig & now i'm addicted to that.  In fact, i really think i love the e cig cause i can use it anywhere...which i do.  i vape in the car, my house & even in my office at work.  In fact i vape all day long every day!  Now i'm going to be starting a new job in a month where i can't vape in the office.  My junkie brain is telling me that i need the vape in order to learn & concentrate & that without it, i'll get that foggy feeling i always get when i try to quit & as a result, i'll screw up at my new job.  Talk about pressure!!!!  So i figured i have a month in which to get quit vaping.....or at least get past that foggy brain, can't concentrate part of the quit before i start my new job.

Now i realize this is not the best situation in which to start a quit but the more i think about, the more i realize how badly i'm addicted to this damn vape stick & that if i  was ever going to have a good reason to give it up, this would be it.  Not that the new  job is reason enough....I do want to quit but this will be a motivating factor.

Now the question becomes how.  I've got the patches, gum, plenty of water & day filled with the prospect of working on my taxes to keep me busy but will NRT just prolong my agony?  I'm thinking i should just go cold turkey but when i wore a step one patch the other day, life wasn't so bad.  I made it all day at work without vaping but crashed when i got in the car.  I just want to be past this "can't concentrate...funny feeling in my mouth" phase which makes me focus so much on vaping.  I know once i get past that part I can make it past the "habit" part of the addiction.

Sorry to be babbling but it has been about 10 hours since i've had any nicotine so i guess that "foggy" part has already started.

Any advice or encouragement y'all can offer would be much appreciated 

Thanks

Outcomes