cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Ex7 Musicians?????

Wondering if anyone else that's coming to EX7 plays guitar or anything? Am thinking of bringing my mandolin but would be MUCH more fun if we had some guitar players. I have extra guitars I could bring. I am driving.  Anyone?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Strudel

Giulia‌ - What do you say? There may be others also Missy! Also - JonesCarpeDiem - although he can’t join in person - he has been known to join us by Skype! Who else? 

Mandolinrain

I sure wish Dale would come  I AM going to go see/meet him one day!

Giulia

I'll be bringing my slightly bowed neck, impossible to tune guitar as I'm writing a song for us all to sing.  I probably don't have the skills necessary to play along with you (or anyone else) Missy.  But I'm willing to give it a go.  I pick up my guitar about once a year and don't do nothin' fancy, just basic chords (some of which I can't even wrap my fingers around).  Unlike Dale who is really a skilled musician.  Can do several of the old folk songs of the 60s:  Peter Paul and Mary, Joan Baez, etc.  Know nothing "modern."  Given all that - I'm GAME!

Mandolinrain

WONDERFUL, Hey, I am no pro. Your probably better than me but its fun no matter how we do it, right? I am more folkie music and please dont ask me to sing. I have horrible voice 😮

Giulia

Well singing I CAN do.  Unless it's totally out of my range.  (No Broadway singer here.)  Think alto!  I am an EX smoker don'tcha know.  Me and Lauren Bacall have the same voice.  Well, kinda.  I was just looking up whether she smoked (how could she not with that voice) and this is what popped up in a google search from the Seattle Times right at the top from a 1991 article:    Living | `I Kept On Smoking' -- When Bogie And Bacall Symbolized Glamor, No One Knew There Was Dange...   The article is from 38 years ago.  And the author says there were 20 years of warnings before that.  

A quote from the article she wrote which just shows how we're all the same when it comes to this addiction:  

"I had my last cigarette at 10 p.m. on a Sunday night. I was sitting in my favorite chair and remember the feeling as I slowly stubbed my cigarette out in a glass ashtray monogramed with my initials. I felt like I was saying goodbye to a good friend.

I wasn't sure I could make it through the first day, but when I had, I knew I could quit. I gave away all of the cigarettes in my house and cleaned out my car to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke.

The first few days were a blur. I was working on a fall-fashion section and I can remember sitting at the computer staring blankly at the screen and thinking, "How can I get through this?"

What you're excuse for still smoking??  Those of your reading this blog who haven't yet committed to the journey?  (Sorry, Missy, I've taken this in another direction perhaps.  But not a bad one, I'd say.)  

Mandolinrain

Oh please, no apologies Im so looking forward to this reunion and meeting my mentor ( You, Ellen, Jackie, Jennifer, Michwoman, Strudle, Pirafan,....) and SO many others!!!!!!!!

Jennifer-Quit

Well I am without talent, but JACKIE1-25-15‌ does do vocals!

Mandolinrain

YAY, good to know!