cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Animals12

Emotions and rollercoaster

I am and have always been really emotional person. And crying is something i have always done at least once a week. But after my mental collapse last year I have been flooded with uncontrollable crying . Every morning I wake up feeling horrible. I have anxiety and horrible thoughts run through my head and terrible feelings threw my entire body. I am not sure how to stop this cycle. And it's when I'm most vulnerable to smoke. Thank goodness we have zero cigs in the house and have had zero for 5 days. Or I'm afraid I probably would've lit up. Sad to say. I hope that I get my anxiety needs so maybe just maybe I can get some sleep and knock this habit of freaking out in the mornings because it really effects my entire day. It's day one of my official quitting day but I have been smoke free for 4 days.  Good vibes and any good advice or just can relate? Thank you support team. 

7 Replies
sweetplt

Animals12 Sending Happy vibes your way...I don’t recall do you see Dr/counselor for your emotional/anxiety needs.  It is important that you take care of your health issues so smoking down not become a run to place.  Smoking will not help you out infact what cigarettes can cause will only make issues worse.  If you get a chance read Thomas’s post about his Copd ... relax and sip some herbal tea...maybe look up a site and meditate to help you.  Gotcha in my heart ~ Colleen

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS ON 5 NICOTINE FREE DAYS! GOOD JOB! Please call your PROFESSIONAL therapist for YOUR anxiety issue- WE are RECOVERING NICOTINE ADDICTS- or ASK Dr Hays or the site manager MARK or the EX team Docotrs here for HELP - they have the answers for severe anxiety issues - thank you so much for sharing and please seek PROFESSIONAL HELP- thank you. 

Beck37

At the beginning of my quit I experienced all kinds of crazy. My head was so befuddled it felt like a kaleidoscope. My body ached and my anxiety was thru the roof. I’m on day 62 and only started being able to sleep about 10 days ago. But even with all that being said, I’m doing great. Yes, there have been some rough times, but I also felt incredibly empowered every time I conquered whatever I was going thru.

You will survive. Everything you are going thru will end. Read, read and read... it will being you comfort knowing what to expect and what you’re experiencing is normal. Just don’t give in to your addiction. Stay out of your head. The moment you even start to think about smoking just shake it right out of your head. If you have truly committed to quitting then you will, cause you know there is no choice. 

Dont let let yourself down. You are Amazing!

Beck

YoungAtHeart

Can you get right up in the morning, put on your tennies and head out the door for a quick, brisk walk?  If so - do it .  You might be surprised at how much better you feel after.  If weather doesn't permit outside, get to your computer and find a session of chair yoga (I like one with Adrienne) or an exercise video on YouTube.  Exercise is a proven anxiety/mood improver..

I am not sure how you re counting your days quit, but if you have not smoked for four days, your quit date is 2/20!!!

Congrats on conquering the challenges of your anxiety and quitting smoking!

Good on you!

Nancy

maryfreecig

It is possible to be emotional, anxious and quit. You've made it four days so stick to one day at a time. Maybe say something to yourself along these lines, I'm anxious, this stinks, I'm not smoking over it. A member Jackie, recommends bookending your day with a visit to Ex--this might be helpful to you.

Please remember that you are not trying to acquire a lifetime of smobriety in one day, but are staying smober just for today--the only day you have to give your consideration to. The discomfort you feel in the morning is dealt with one day at a time, too. Just a few thoughts, take what you need, leave the rest. Congratulations on day won.

Sootie

Anxiety can be a problem....but you're on it....you're ready for it.....you know you'll need to work through it.

Stay Strong.

Tabbiekat

I am finishing up my 6th day quit and the emotions are all over the place. I tried and was successful quitting with Chantix in the fall of 2017, made it over 10 months before starting again (long story read my blog if you want) and tried to quit again with Chantix, but started again, then quit Chantix, this go around I just went cold turkey. Emotions and anxiety are more intense, but just like my 10 month quit after a couple months when I stopped taking Chantix things got a bit intense, but it did settle down after a few weeks. I also talked with my doctor and started an antidepressant- so if your not on anything you might see about getting on something for awhile or if you are on something see about getting an adjustment. I have been learning that quitting smoking does a number on us both physically and mentally, so don't be afraid to seek additional help from a doctor if you need it. In the long run I know not smoking will be well worth it

Hold tight to your quit

Congrats on your 5 days

Tabbie