cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mykids

No sure what to do

Why is that when you try your best at something someone try’s to bring you back down. They don’t believe in what you do. I need help with this one. 

6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

When all is said and done, the only person you can count on to value who you are and what you do is YOU!   Believe that you have value - because you DO!

You cannot, in the end, depend on others to validate you.  That must come from within.......Having value in another's eyes is icing on the cake, but cake is fine just the way it is, icing or not.

Hard to accept - but true.

Nancy

anaussiemom

You+are+a+legend+and+my+life+s+aim+is+to+_8dec8c339d5974bfd36ddea1261bf802-371x350.jpg
mykids!!!

Hugs KIm

sweetplt

This one took me 53 years to understand and I am now 54 years old...a long time...it only matters what you think and your great maker...if someone cares about you and it is important to you, it will be important to them...if not, they are negative and toxic people ... and you don't need them in your life...~ Colleen

maryfreecig

Someone who gets to you...to any one of us.

What have you done in the past to get past the slight (someone yanking your chain)? Me, I brood for a few hours, a day or two...try to sort myself out. Usually, I try to rise above it, eventually forgetting the slight--and I might decide to do a thing or two differently. I don't like getting into the kind of situation that troubles my mind in the first place, but haven't found that's possible.

Usually if I follow my principles, treat the other person with respect and even emotions, I get over what bugged me. I've never changed anyone else's thinking or behavior, though I'd rather say, at times, get the hell out of my face. So long as I behave in a fair manner, I've seen others near me come to about the same place. 

If the person isn't capable of behaving, don't take it personally--realize they have a problem.

Just a few thoughts, take what you need, leave the rest.

One day at a time, yes you can.

indingrl

As long as YOU believe  in YOU and living a NON SMOKER LIFE STYLE JUST FOR YOU -  Yahooooo YOU be OK- CONGRATS STAYING A NON SMOKER LIFE STYLR JUST FOR YOU!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

0 Kudos
elvan

mykids‌ You have US, ALL of us and we care and we are supporting you and we KNOW you can do this.  You do not have to listen to negativity...let it roll off your back.

Ellen