cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

AliBow

Quit Day

Well, my quit date has come. It is so hard to get through the day. I have losenges and mindfulness is sorta helping. Trying not to think about cigarettes. Any other ideas to help? 

Tags (1)
5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Stay busy! /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke  When you start to think about smoking,change your mind's direction.  Think of something else.  Don't dwell on it.  Keep a cold bottle of water handy from which to sip.  Take a walk, call a friend, play a computer game, take slow deep breaths, going slower and deeper with each. These early days require real effort on your part, but it will get easier and easier to do.  Change up your routines so the associations are reduced.

Tell yourself "NOPE" when you start to think of smoking (Not One Puff Ever).

Get through today as best you can - and celebrate Day WON tonight!

Nancy

anaussiemom

Lots of deep breathing.  AliBow  Glad you have made this decision to quit, you will be too!

50773225_623028418150694_6159620252272427008_n.jpg

sweetplt

You have some good information above me...Did you plan this day with the site My Quit Plan .  Do anything, but smoke...drink water, take a shower, do jumping jacks...etc., ~ keep here and help others...~ sending good vibes your way ~ Colleen

maryfreecig

A few ideas come to mind, (none are original)

walk, get exercise

breath-- breath deep, hold, exhale

drink plenty of water

blog at EX--talk a bit more about why you decided to quit or anything else you'd like to talk about

read Ex blogs, participate (all are welcome to participate here)

accept that as you stay smober, the craves will get weaker and weaker

congratulate yourself on two days won--something to be proud of!!!

watch your favorite shows or movies

read

There is so much you can do to stay smober just for today--that is the only day you need to be working on (forget about worrying how you can stay away from the smokes forever...it's just one day at a time)

Check out these two blogs:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/newbie-quitters/blog/2019/01/27/one-of-the-greatest-tools-... by Jackie

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/6753-dopamine-the-double-edged-blade by Thomas

Keep the smober hours coming, yes you can.

elvan

Stay close and don't smoke...if you feel a particularly strong crave...get on here and post a blog with HELP in the subject line...sometimes just writing out what you are experiencing will defuse the crave.

Ellen

0 Kudos