cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Animals12

Getting a head of this journey

Hello everyone tomorrow is my planned quitt daybut I have been quitting sinceFeb 5th when I first logged onto this site . I kept practicing and tracked my triggers and Everytime I smoked. I used to smoke in the house too. So since feb 5th I haven't smoked in the house . Since Feb 5th I haven't had one with my coffee or after a meal or just when I want to. I pushed myself everyday and had slip ups about every 2 days. I took the plunge did the hardest part and guess what I haven't smoked a cigerate in 3 days . And before that it was 2 days . So I really have only smoked half a cig all freaking week . My husband is now on board  with  quitting and just as excited. It's day 2 for him. He is using Nico patches. I am not. I have Nico gum but chew maybe one a day. I have extreme anxiety disorder and have fought threw so much I think all that has prepared me for this. Thank you God for always having my back. So everybody tomorrow is my official quitting date but I have 3 days under my belt and gave been practicing all month. We got this!!!

10 Replies
Mandolinrain

WOW I love your dedication! Your gonna do great! Heck, ya already are! Congrats and welcome to Ex  We are here for you~Always

Animals12

Thank you! 

Mandolinrain

You are very welcome

0 Kudos
elvan

You've GOT this...good for you.  I look forward to traveling with you on this journey!

Ellen

Animals12

Thank you. I am just in awe right now. 

0 Kudos
Beck37

You are going into this with an excellent attitude, already making positive changes!!!  I am so excited for you. Be warned though that your anxiety could become that much worse. I am not someone that has suffered from it and it was off the charts for me.  Just remember to take one moment at a time. Stay out of your head. Do not think about smoking. The moment it starts creeping into your head just shake it off.  

Like I said, it is all about your attitude. If you have truly decided to quit smoking then you will be fine as there is no other option but to not smoke. You will go thru a lot of crazies but you will survive and be that much stronger for it. Read, read and read. I googled all the crazy I was feeling. It was always comforting to discover it was normal and it would end. 

We are here for you. We all have different stories but share this addiction. 

You are are amazing and will do this!!!

Beck

Tabbiekat

You are doing an amazing job, be proud of yourself. Doing the "practice" quit is how I went about it back in 2017 and just changing up the routine made a huge difference. Keep up the good work and hold tight to your quit

Tabbie

sweetplt

Welcome to Day 1 ... it really can be an incredible day, because you are taking your Life back...Enjoy the freedom, and keep busy...~ Colleen

Giulia

Stay the course!  You've got this!