indingrl

Does anyone believe this saying?

Jump to solution

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
16 Replies
Sootie

I have never heard the March part......it was always "April showers bring May flowers"...................

March was "In like a Lion-----out like a Lamb"

MarilynH

That saying about March winds is very well known here in the Maritimes maybe because we really do get the winds in March that brings the April Showers.  Sootie

MarilynH

Yeah I guess I do   I always change June from June brides to June bugs. 

Posamari

Most definitely.

Mandolinrain

I recall it as April showers bring May...... also. But its becoming more like MAY showers bring June flowers here anymore

indingrl

Laughing out loud.... 2019 weather... Watching.... always watching.... Maybe the months will get NEW NAMES .... NEW WEATHER NAMES LOL- one MUST keep a sense of humor - gentle hug.

Barbscloud

The "dates" of the seasons just aren't the same anymore.  Just seem to skip Spring and Fall almost.  Sad--my two favorites.

elvan

Barbscloud‌ I LOVE spring but it only lasts for a day or two and then it is hot and humid and summer and I am NOT a fan of that.  Fall used to be my favorite season but, the older I get, the less it appeals to me.  I cannot quite explain that one.

I don't think I ever heard the Match winds part of that either but, then again, there is a familiarity there...we are supposed to have very windy weather tomorrow.  Batten down the hatches.  My neighbor has a yard full of daffodils.  Mine are JUST coming out of the ground...like fat blades of grass, I DO have snowbells starting to bloom  They always make me smile.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Thanks for sharing- I think It is changing- frozen more and more it seems to ME- hmmmmm

0 Kudos