National Love Your Pet Day is observed annually on Feb. 20. It is a day to celebrate the four-legged loved ones in your life by pampering them and giving them attention. Though there are several ways to celebrate the holiday, the best way is to give your pet treats. You can also groom them and send e-cards to other pet lovers.
- “Animals are sentient, intelligent, perceptive, funny and entertaining. We owe them a duty of care as we do to children.” — Michael Morpurgo
- “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and a responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” — James Cromwell
- “It's difficult to understand why people don't realize that pets are gifts to mankind.” — Linda Blair
- “Perhaps the greatest gift an animal has to offer is a permanent reminder of who we really are.” — Nick Trout
- “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” — Alfred A. Montapert
- “Animals are such agreeable friends—they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.”— George Eliot
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”— Anatole France
- “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” — Martin Buber
- “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.”— Gilda Radner
- “I’ve met many thinkers and many cats, but the wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.”— Hippolyte Taine
- “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” — Colette
- “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.” — Samuel Butler
- “Animals are my friends … and I don’t eat my friends.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance and to turn around three times before lying down.” — Robert Benchley
- “When I am feeling low all I have to do is watch my cats and my courage returns." — Charles Bukowski
Please share pics of animals you love or could love.
This is Feel Good Stuff, and Lethargic!!
I have no idea who this cat is???