cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anaussiemom

It Is National Pet Day Today!! Got A Pic?

52126803_2197802673807035_3301316901149343744_n.jpg

National Love Your Pet Day is observed annually on Feb. 20. It is a day to celebrate the four-legged loved ones in your life by pampering them and giving them attention.  Though there are several ways to celebrate the holiday, the best way is to give your pet treats. You can also groom them and send e-cards to other pet lovers.

Here are some quotes to remind you about the importance of the furry friends in your lives, taken from Lakeside and Animal Reiki Source -

1. “Animals are sentient, intelligent, perceptive, funny and entertaining. We owe them a duty of care as we do to children.” — Michael Morpurgo
  2. “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and a responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” — James Cromwell
  3. “It's difficult to understand why people don't realize that pets are gifts to mankind.” — Linda Blair 
  4. “Perhaps the greatest gift an animal has to offer is a permanent reminder of who we really are.” — Nick Trout
  5. “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” — Alfred A. Montapert
  6. “Animals are such agreeable friends—they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.”— George Eliot
  7. “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.”— Anatole France
  8. “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” — Martin Buber
  9. “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.”— Gilda Radner
  10. “I’ve met many thinkers and many cats, but the wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.”— Hippolyte Taine
  11. “Our perfect companions never have fewer than four feet.” — Colette
  12. “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself, too.” — Samuel Butler
  13. “Animals are my friends … and I don’t eat my friends.” — George Bernard Shaw
  14. “A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance and to turn around three times before lying down.” — Robert Benchley
  15. “When I am feeling low all I have to do is watch my cats and my courage returns." — Charles Bukowski

Please share pics of animals you love or could love.

This is Feel Good Stuff, and Lethargic!!

I have no idea who this cat is???

0 Replies