cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

lanie2

New here

I am 91 days cigarette free and am now on my own. This is the first time I have felt like I could do it. I still have my days when I "miss" smoking but it usually happens when I do something that I haven't done in a while that I used to associate with smoking.

I went to a movie on the weekend for the first time since quitting and I really wanted a cig after we came out - I used to do that - you know that OMG, finally I can have a smoke - moment.

I haven't been taking Champix (that's what it is here) now for 2 weeks. I was having some mood swings I didn't like at the end, so I cut down to one pill a day and then finally just stopped taking them.

I started exercising not because I feared gaining weight, but because this is the best that I have felt in a really long time. I was a smoker for 22 years. Quit once for 1 month and tried again but cheated all the time. I have not cheated in 91 days 🐵

I did something this time that not too many would recommend. I kept my pack of cigarettes. The reason - I quit while I still had cigs in the pack. I would have never done that - that was my excuse...."can't quit now, I still have cigarettes." Then I would bum them because "I'm quitting, I don't want to buy a whole pack." Then I would end up buying a pack. I had 17 cigarettes left when I quit.

I really think that I have done it this time!!! Very glad I stumbled across here.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
evon-barker

Does anyone on here smoke while they are on thier chantix or am I the only one? My doc said I could keep smoking as much as I wanted, but with the pill eventually I wouldn't want to. So here I am still smoking a few every day and taking my chantix. This is my second time trying chantix, I wish I had stayed with it last time cause it was working like a dream come true, but I gave my pills to my daughter who couldn't afford them. Now it isn't working as well on me and it makes me sick and I am having crappy dreams instead of the great ones I had before, and I am so touchy, (nice word for the B word).
0 Kudos
rosa

Do it for yourself and enjoy! Stop thinking of others and enjoy yourself. Don't worry, they will follow
0 Kudos