cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

teresa15

Tomorrows my quit date, can I do it!

Wow,tomorrow is here and I am beginning to have doubts. I am totally armed with what I need to go into the battle against smoking. I have the hard candy, the gum, the books to read, the crafts to keep my hands busy. I have taken the chantix for a week, and the smokes are really tasting gross. What is my problem, why do I feel like "maybe when the dose increases on the chantix tomorrow, it will be easier in the next few days". Am I ready to give it up? Do I get up in the morning and go to Universal Studios and keep busy with my family in the morning or do I stay home and fight this battle? How do I get over the feeling of doubt that I can do it?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
jacquel

Hello, I have been passing this on as it helped me soooo much...check out Allen Carr's website :O) Good to read....enjoy...just Google his name :O)
0 Kudos
libby

If you have the Allen Carr book you should read it before you quit, you can smoke while reading it. If you're feeling that uneasy give yourself a couple of more days on the Chantix. You WILL be ready and you WILL make it.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Thanks Jacquel and Libby. I have started to read the book online. Now at Chapter 4. Thanks for suggesting it.
0 Kudos
libby

Hope it helps you. With the book and the Chantix I'll bet you'll be ready to quit by Monday. Let us know how you're doing

c
0 Kudos
teresa15

I am halfway through Allen Carr's book and enjoying it. Thanks.
0 Kudos
trisha

You can do this , you have waited for this day . It is not all easy but you can do it with the help of friends and this web site. I am on day 16 and every day gets easier. But I know if I let my guard down Mr. Cig will gladly lead me down that black tar road . You are in charge you Can do this. Your in my prayers. : )
0 Kudos
edith2

Go to Universal Studios with your family and focus on having fun. I had all the questions you did the day I quit. Don't worry about the future, it's not here yet. The past is gone. Just focus on RIGHT NOW. That's all we have. Smoking is an addiction that tells us we don't have one. There is some grief involved when we quit. We're getting rid of our best friend and comfort blanket. Later we realize we got rid of a nasty habit that we were a prisoner of. Procrastinate on lighting up when you get a craving until the craving goes away. Act as if you have all the confidence in the world about your quit until it becomes reality. You don't have to like the beginning of your quit, just get through it. And don't forget to breathe.
0 Kudos
libby

I'm glad you read the book, sounds like it's working for you. It is an awesome book, but as you know now it's very hard to describe it to someone. Just, that it works. I'm so happy for you.
0 Kudos
teresa15

Thanks to everyone that responded. I can almost say that I have made it through day one. I am so proud of myself. I am keeping a positive attitude and this is not as hard as I thought. Its like the first time you ride a bike without training wheels for the first time you think "Hey I am doing this". Riding a bike gets easier so will this quit. Today has been a great day!!!!!
0 Kudos