cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hackers?

I signed up for the text messages and when I click on the link it says that someone may be trying to hack my information .Does anyone know anything about that? 

Tags (1)
4 Replies

I don't know anything about it - but didn't want to leave you hanging  Our administrator, Mark‌ will get to you, I'm sure, first thing in the workday tomorrow.

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi cheekymonkey70‌.

When you sign up for text messages from us we send you a text message and you simply reply with a text related response to confirm your subscription. You don't click a link to confirm anything. We may send you links from time to time to places on our website but not to other websites. 

If you could take a screenshot of the text and forward the image to communityadmin@becomeanex.org I can look into it and confirm if it is from us or not.  Let me know what kind of phone you have and I can help you with the screenshot directions if you don't know yourself.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

An update.  We use a URL shortening service called bit.ly so that links fit into our text message service. It appears that there is a problem with the security certificate associated with our shortening service. There is nothing wrong with the certificate however the browser you're using is detecting that the certificate that is being used wasn't created specifically for our custom domain. Bit.ly is a trusted domain shortening service.

We're working to get the certificate fixed so there isn't a false error.  Thanks cheekymonkey70‌ for pointing that out so we can get it resolved. I'll confirm when the issue is fixed with another update.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team