amandachristinemarek

New to the block

Discussion created by amandachristinemarek on Feb 18, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2019 by jsichi

I guess I'm the same boat as everyone on here.  I smoke cigarettes and i am aware i really need to quit. Smoking to me is a form of stress relief and man it feels so good. Sometimes it's the only reason I want to get out of bed in the mornings. Now don't get me wrong I don't smoke a pack a day.. unless I'm drinking then that's easy to do. I smoke about a half a pack so about 10 cigarettes per day and I've been doing that for 10 years.  My mom has serious health issues from smoking. Her skin is very aged as well, but alot of that is from sun damage as well, at least that's what I tell myself in fear one day I will look like her. Smoker shame has got me bad. None of my work colleagues know that I smoke. I go all day 8 hour shifts and only smoke once on my break. I'm so careful , I place my hair up and remove my sweater. I always wash my hands thoroughly and spray on perfume. Truthfully, I'm scared for them to know. It's a professional atmosphere and I don't want that inhibited my image at work. But I'm ashamed that my addiction has caused me to become this massive liar. That I am incapable of quitting and plan my entire life around my next smoke. I'm new to EX. I've set my quit date for two weeks and I'd love to hear from other real smokers,  what legitimately worked for you to quit? I've tried only switching to vaping and it works for a month or so then my vape goes out or I get a beer and I'm back to smoking. I really really want to do this before it affects my health permanently like it has for my mother. I also want to stop feeling chained to my cigarette pack. I want freedom. I want my own life back. Thank you in  advance for the advice- I will read every comment.

Outcomes