Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

George-Martin

My Quit Date

I am starting back finally- I am an Allen Carr method  - cold turkey guy

started back i 2014

Just getting back in the community- need support-  i have my quit date set for next Monday?  may have set it too soon?  i don't know

Going thru divorce- tough time emotionally

Thx all

4 Replies
anaussiemom

I am sorry for what you are dealing with,. Divorce can be quite the grieving process of how were raised, and what is told to us about marriage as youngsters.   Please know you did not fail no matter the situation. 

prayers and you can do this.

There really is no great day to quit an addiction.  Most importantly breathe and thumb thru Youtube for, meditation vids and other ways to relax thru the craves.

You can do this  George-Martin 

I promise!!

Hugs

sweetplt

Whoo hoo about your quit date...I am so sorry you are going through a divorce, but guess what ? Smoking won't help your marriage and/or your divorce so rid that toxic addiction out of your life.  Just think you will save money and get healthier.  Perhaps as this chapter of your life closes a better one will open...Gotcha in my thoughts ~ Colleen

Here is what I wrote in your other post...

Welcome Back 

Sorry you lost your quit...I lost two long one's too...and started this one on December 3, 2018.  Do this quit as if it is your first and last quit.  I suggest you go to My Quit Plan and work the program and set your quit date.  The prepare for this date like no other...We are all in this journey together...Keep close to the site for any and all help...~ Colleen 

maryfreecig

I quit cold turkey and am not a fan of it. But I've heard smart turkey talked about here at Ex.

Here is a least one EX link to the topic  Be a SMART Turkey! (A Very Timely Repost, eh?)

At Ex, you can be assured that you will have ongoing support--the community is here 365. Keep coming back--read, learn, share.

Giulia

A name from the past.  Welcome back!   The site is very different now, but the support is the same, genuine and whole hearted.   In answer to your question - if you've done your preparation, then it's not too soon.  You've been down this trail before so should know what the pitfalls are.  Might do some reading in Relapse Prevention  and check out some of the Relapse Traps blogs.  This Jive platform has a strong search engine which makes it helpful when you're snooping specific topics.  Glad you're back at it.  Sorry about your divorce.  Quitting smoking is a great way to begin your new life.  Chin up!

0 Kudos