cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Argh

Rant time - my sister is outside smoking. I am inside and there are no windows open and I STILL smell it!! Will this odor aversion ever go away? 

5 Replies
sweetplt

Oh No Donna... smoking stinks and I am sorry that you have to smell it...

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I have actually found I enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke wafting on a breeze outside...not so much on clothing, hair, inside spaces.

Perhaps you can ask her to go a bit further away from the house?  You might tell her it is difficult for you to smell it?

Hope she isn't out there too often!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

I’ve been noticing the longer I am quit the better cigs smell too.  I’ve told many people I pass how good it is.  Kindly, they offer me one.  Easy to turn down as I can’t imagine smoking one now.  I know I talk to them longer tho.  

Seems all you can do is be be honest with your sister.  It’s not a hard request.  When my husband attempted a quit, it wasn’t hard for me to go somewhere else to smoke.  It’s common courtesy.  Unfortunately you can’t much about the residual smell.  I doubt she will want to change clothes and shower after each cig.  

DonnaMarie

Interestingly, I went to WalMart today and smelled cigarette smoke everywhere. I'm just going to have to get used to it or stay home forever. 

0 Kudos
elvan

I smell cigarette smoke all over Walmart too and most of it is NOT fresh smoke, it is smoke on the clothing of shoppers...there are many times I see people standing outside smoking and it makes me crazy.  I hate the smell and I don't care how fresh it is...I have worked really hard to get and keep my lungs as clean as possible, I am at high risk of having issues because of inhaling someone else's smoke. I don't expect to ever get over it.

As for your sister...maybe she could just move to a different area?  

Ellen

0 Kudos