cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mykids

Day 9

I’m doing so good in not smoking. But now I know what makes me smoke and just get me to that point. Not sure what to do. It’s a person and not a thing. What should I do. 

16 Replies
indingrl

Thanks for sharing- I use to use MY DRUG NICOTINE to smoke at people too in MY PAST - it was NOT A SOLUTION - when i got done smoking at them- they did NOT CHANGE - and MY LUNGS DID- for ME it was harder to breathe- like boulder set on MY chest - yet I didn't care - just passing on the love- smoking only hurt ME - i didn't change another person and I learned it was MY responsibility to mange MY OWN FEELINGS- to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF OVER ME! Please take what HELPS and let go of the rest- thank you.

indingrl

CONGRATS ON 9 DAYS!!!!  WAY TO GO!!!! GOOD JOB!!!

Barbscloud

Haven't said this for awhile, but it's still appropriate for smoking (or any addiction)a.  "Someone hurts me, so I beat myself up".  It's not worth it--smoking isn't going to hurt them, it's going to hurt you.  Congrats on your 9 days!

mykids

Not not going back to smoking. I came to far. But maybe I need to change others things in my life. 

indingrl

Yes change always brings the RIPPLE EFFECT- MY non smoker life style CHANGE brought no caffine next-amen 

mykids

Ok I still drink coffee but I did stop soda

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I like what you said there - you're thinking of making a change. It's all up to us. You got this. Heck, you haven't smoked for 9 days! That's amazing. 

mykids

Thank you. Anyone can do it if they really want it. 

YoungAtHeart

You do know that you can control how you react to a bothersome person?  If you can't control your anger, or frustration and  it's possible, distance yourself from them while your quit is still in its infancy.  If they are IN your life, maintain a distance and just don't engage them.  I remember a phrase my daughter used to use on me that used to send me immediately over the edge when I spoke to her:  "WHATever!"  You might try saying that in your head when someone tries to jerk your chain.  You certainly don't want to give them power over YOUR quit - so figure out a way not to do that.  You can,  you know!

Nancy

P.S.  You might also switch to 1/2 decaf, 1/2 regular coffee.  I have been doing that for years, and you honestly cannot tell the difference.  When I drink the full octane now, I immediately get the shakes!