cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sld2

NRT

Day 2 - so far, so good.  Have a question for the NRT users out there.  Has anyone used the lozenges?  I tried one this morning in the car and they are awful!!  I couldn't keep it in my mouth for more than 2 seconds.  Anyone else find them terrible or is it just me?  🙂 

7 Replies
Barbscloud

I didn't use them for this quit, but I couldn't stand the gum or lozenges.  They actually made me nauseous.  Have you thought about patches?

sld2

I am using the patches - the lozenges just weren't for me - terrible!  LOL! 

sweetplt

Congratulations on Day 2 of your Freedom...~ Colleen

SaraPeach

Congrats on day 2! I haven't tried them, but they sound gross. I've found chewing regular gum is a good distraction and something to keep my mouth busy with.

JDHAM81

Im using the mint lozenges by Nicorette and don't think they're too bad.

Gwenivere

Odd woman out.  I like the lozenges.  I had tried the mini's and they are faster for delivery.  I use the regulars now and my only complaint is they can upset your stomach.  Not supposed to drink or eat anything for 15 minutes before and after.  Makes it tricky.  I use patches too but they are so slow and you can’t control them.  There is also nicotine inhalers but you need an RX for it.  

One thing I have that works better for me is I don’t do a whole lozenge in one sitting.  I use 2mg. ones and keep little pill cups in the house and car.  It was very rare for me to smoke 2 cigs in a row.  The mini's dissolve fast so I quit those.  The regular ones can last me 2-3 hours.  They say to use the whole thing, but ya don’t have to.  Sometimes I get a little too much and feel spacey.  I’ve gone places and forgot I have one under my tongue and have to find a way to save the rest for later.  Makes for creativity.  

AnnetteMM

UGH I totally agree! I found them gross and slimy and not even worth the bother.