cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SaraPeach

Just hit 48 hours

I smoked my last cig Sunday around 2:45 p.m. EST. Yesterday wasn't too, too bad because I didn't leave the house all day (I work from home and didn't want to drive anywhere because driving is a major trigger for me). Today, I drove to town to get a soda and have been craving a smoke pretty much ever since. My car still smells a bit like smoke; I need to clean it out better. Being in it made my hair smell kinda smokey so I should probably shower. I just feel crabby today and I know part of it is I barely got much sleep the past two nights. I don't think it was related to the quit, but moreso I just was stupid and stayed up too late and then my cat wakes me up super early every morning and I couldn't fall back asleep today. I am having a very hard time concentrating on work at all due to being so tired, so I'm getting behind. Anyway, I'm proud of myself for making it 2 days, but I am not in a very good mood today and am exhausted, so thanks for letting me come on here and vent and update you all on my progress. I pledged not to smoke today, so I will not go buy cigarettes even though I REALLY wish I could!!!

On the plus side, I already am breathing better. I was having some wheezing the last few weeks and had to use my Albuterol inhaler a few times which I had not used in years and years, and the wheezing is totally gone already. I'm mostly quitting right now because starting smoking again last April after 9 years quit seemed to make my ulcerative colitis flare up really badly. I was on prednisone for most of last summer and fall, still smoking, trying to quit and failing, and then I flared up again 2 weeks ago and am back on a high dose of prednisone. So, part of me still really doesn't want to quit yet mentally because I'm still dealing with a lot of emotional crap at the moment (I know smoking doesn't ACTUALLY help solve emotional/relationship issues, but it is a distraction...), but I feel like I have to for my UC.

Another plus is my cat hated me coming inside smelling like smoke and she hated me leaving her to go outside and smoke all the time, so I feel so much better about not leaving her all the time and petting and cuddling her now without having toxic smoke residue on my clothes or hands and smelling nasty! Sorry to ramble.

Tags (1)
28 Replies
sweetplt

Ramble on ... especially if it helps you stay quit...Thank you for the reminder...after 71 days of Freedom...I don't want to go back to the first week...but you are doing super...hang in there...so glad your breathing is better...we are all here for you...~ Colleen

SaraPeach

Thank you! Congrats on 71 days!

YoungAtHeart

Tired?

Snarky?

Foggy?

Lack of concentration?

Yep - right on schedule.

I wish there was a magic pill I could give you to ease these early withdrawal symptoms, but, alas, you just have to get through them the best that you can.  I promise it gets easier!

Hang in there!

Nancy

SaraPeach

Thank you!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Ditto what SweetPlt said--ramble on--especially since you work at home and are feeling foggy--Exer's get the fog and are here to help as much as you want or need it. And congratulations on two days. Keep em coming, SaraPeach 

Giulia

That "really wish I could" will morph into "so glad I didn't" which will morph into "really don't want to."  It'll happen, if you hang in there long enough.  Do!

pastedImage_1.png

SaraPeach

Thank you! I took a nap and woke up happy that I did not smoke.

indingrl

So very glad for you Sarapeach and CONGRATS AND GOOD JOB 2 DAYS AS A NON SMOKER! Yahooooooo and WAY TO GO!!!

SaraPeach

Thanks!