cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

How I spend time not smoking

A year ago, I semi-retired and found myself with more time on my hands than I ever thought possible. So, I started painting rocks. As part of the Kindness Rocks Project, which I had heard about before this, I paint rocks and set them free in the community and wherever I travel. Some of you might know I sew a lot, but that just wasn't enough to fill my time. NOW, I have even more free time. A girl can take but so many naps, you know. So, I'm painting more rocks. Here's what I painted today:

2019_02_10.JPG

Broken rocks are fun to make M&Ms with

Not every single thing I've ever painted is here, but feel free to take a gander at how I've been spending some of my free time. 464 Best Kindness Rock Painting from a non-artist images in 2019 

Donna

Day 56

Tags (1)
9 Replies
Sootie

These are so so cute!

Our family has been the happy recipients of three "kindness rocks". When we first had one left on our doorstep....we were confused......no idea where it came from. Then we got a second and after that an article ran in our local newspaper about them. About a month ago we got our third. They are sweet and what a great idea for community "togetherness". We live in a small town but this makes it seem even homier.

For several years my son....after reading The Christmas Jar.......has collected his change all year and then placed it on the doorstep of a family he decides might need it on Christmas Eve (that's basically the plot of the story). All of these things just help people to reach out in a really human and kind way to each other.

WHAT A GREAT USE OF RETIRED TIME!!! Good for you.

Beck37

You Rock! Sorry, just had to say that.... my moms community just did this about a month ago. Mom worked one of the tables in town. They provided the rocks and the paint and many in the town came and just had a lot of fun. The couple in charge collected the rocks everyone had painted and took them home to glaze each one. They were going to then take them and hide them all over town. I had never heard of this before but thought it sounded amazing. In these scary times something as simple as this kind of gives you the warm and fuzzies....

Beck

Barbscloud

That's neat.  Never heard of this before.

0 Kudos
MarilynH

That's awesome you are awesome   CONGRATULATIONS on your 56 stupendous Smokefree days and counting WTG  YAY for each and every Day WON, you are totally Rocking your beautiful quit journey ....

0 Kudos
sweetplt

This is so creative ... love the rocks...Congratulations on 56 days of Freedom.  Happy Monday ~ Colleen

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

You're very talented! I see kindness rocks in my area from time to time...so fun to stumble onto! 

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

Got the red ones finished today. Now to seal them and set them free in the community!

2019_02_11_Ms.jpg

maryfreecig

Fantastic idea and setting them free is the best! I've come across some painted rocks here and there and love it!!!

Lauralives

They are adorable!!!