cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sivie

glad i found this

i just found this site yesterday and am very happy to see a 30 something group on here. i'm seeing my doc today and hoping to get put on chantix or wellbutrin. i've heard some nasty things about chantix causing psychotic symtpoms but being a mental health professional myself i hope that if i see that happening i'll have enough sense to talk to my doc about it. what has been the hardest part for people on here? i've been smoking since high school and am terrified to quit even though i'm more terrified of what it's doing to my health. also, it's just not cool anymore 🙂 ha!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
missy8

YOU ARE RIGHT, IT'S JUST NOT COOL ANYMORE! You know what's up, so I am sure you will handle this thing like you should. I am on wellbutrin, however i take it for IBS and have been on it over a year. For me, it does nothing for quitting because I am conditioned to know it is for my IBS. Isn't it weird how the mind works? SO yah, it never hurts to get the meds, and i hope what you get works well for you. Glad you are here, and please let me know if there is ever anything i can do for you!
0 Kudos
greg14

Hey Silvie , I am very glad that you found this site and this group. I hope that this group helps you get off the addiction train.
0 Kudos
michelle_

Hey, Sivie!! I'm new to this site as well. I'm thirty years old, started smoking in high school, and am terrified of quitting. I didn't know that Chantix could cause psychotic symptoms. Thanks for the tip!! I'm not taking Chantix, but was considering it. My dad took it to quit smoking because he had a heart attack. It worked for him. After a couple of months, he fell off the wagon and never got back on the wagon. Of course, that's no reflection on your experience. You sound MUCH stronger than my dad. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck, Sivie!!

michelle*
0 Kudos