cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Thus begins a new quest

Today is the day when I start to watch what I eat a little more closely. I have not concerned myself with food much, but do need to reign it in now. I've planned this day just like one would plan a quit - set a date, shopped, got rid of things that don't need to be living in my kitchen, and have been prepping my brain. Nothing drastic, mind you, just a change in mindful behavior. No more snacking willy nilly. I have a kind of weird way of eating to begin with, so it's been fun to toss it to the side to get this quit under my belt. 

I'm not dumb enough to think that my quit is so firm that I can do anything I want. I'm moving and planning cautiously and thoughtfully. The quit comes first. 

I think I gained 5 pounds with the quit thus far. I'm okay with that. I just don't want it to snowball. 

Once again, my husband is my biggest cheerleader and he's all in with me. This is silly as hell, but yesterday, there were eclairs and ice cream for snack in my house  I also had a big ole everything bagel with brie and strawberries. I did throw away the left over ice cream, but the rest of it, well, there were no leftovers. 

As I begin my 56th day of not smoking, I also begin my 1st day of eating properly. 

Happy Sunday morning, everyone!

dontstop_dontdelete.jpg

Tags (1)
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Sounds like you have a solid plan.  Remember, too - if it's not in the house, you can't eat it!!!  The most discipline is required in food shopping - so I recommend you make a list and stick to it.  I was so set in that way that lots of new things came out that I never knew about - like tissues for kids.  I was so laser focused when I shopped, I never noticed!!!  (not so much now - I am not overweight, but I am very disciplined in my portions.....)

DonnaMarie

I want to start trying a few new things. I bought some sliced mango, but it was dry. The flavor was good enough that I want to try it again for sure! 

Food is like cigarettes - I have good food in the house, but if I really want crap food or cigarettes, I merely have to drive to the store less than 2 miles away, and there it is. Getting my head in the game is what I'm working on. 

And, I can't wait to try a good mango!

sweetplt

Donna Marie...You are doing so good and such a help...Thank you for sharing your next plan of action...it helps me so much...I am starting back to the gym this week...I had taken some time off...Cheers to the next endeavor...~ Colleen

Sootie

Oh Donna!!!! Be careful! I think throwing ice cream away is illegal in several states!!!

Seriously-----proud of you for setting goals on the weight gain AND on your great solid quit.

Stay Strong

DonnaMarie

I sabotaged it before I threw it away! LOL And yes, it's illegal here in Virginia to throw away ice cream but I would have made that container my bitch if I'd kept it. It's sorta like drowning a pack of cigarettes. I finished mine; I didn't ruin them. Dang. I should have thought about that last night and I would have so finished that ice cream. 

Jennifer-Quit

It is really all about making healthier choices - and keeping it interesting.  I recently lost 20 pounds - and my new hobby is to create  healthy and flavorful recipes.  Best wishes!

Sootie

WOW Jennifer! That is impressive. That is exactly my problem.....making healthy choices. I will go about a week and then go back to the NOT so healthy choices! I'm making you my role model.

elvan

Good for you and good for you too Jennifer-Quit‌ that's impressive!

0 Kudos