DonnaMarie

Thus begins a new quest

Discussion created by DonnaMarie on Feb 10, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2019 by Sootie

Today is the day when I start to watch what I eat a little more closely. I have not concerned myself with food much, but do need to reign it in now. I've planned this day just like one would plan a quit - set a date, shopped, got rid of things that don't need to be living in my kitchen, and have been prepping my brain. Nothing drastic, mind you, just a change in mindful behavior. No more snacking willy nilly. I have a kind of weird way of eating to begin with, so it's been fun to toss it to the side to get this quit under my belt. 

I'm not dumb enough to think that my quit is so firm that I can do anything I want. I'm moving and planning cautiously and thoughtfully. The quit comes first. 

I think I gained 5 pounds with the quit thus far. I'm okay with that. I just don't want it to snowball. 

Once again, my husband is my biggest cheerleader and he's all in with me. This is silly as hell, but yesterday, there were eclairs and ice cream for snack in my house  I also had a big ole everything bagel with brie and strawberries. I did throw away the left over ice cream, but the rest of it, well, there were no leftovers. 

As I begin my 56th day of not smoking, I also begin my 1st day of eating properly. 

Happy Sunday morning, everyone!

Outcomes