cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Another hurdle success

My best friend's birthday is today and a bunch of us gals went out to eat tonight. Out of the about 14 people there, 3 of them smoke. I used to be one of them. It was very freeing to not have to get up and go outside with the crew the few times they went out to smoke. 

I am not dissing the people who did go out, but I'm dead serious, it felt amazing not to be one of them. 

The friend whose birthday it is hollered at me when the smokers went out the first time - "Hey, you are not going with them!" Made me feel good that she noticed and I reminded her that I don't do that anymore

I'm out here crowing because no one else knows how cool it was not to have to go outside and to be able to stay inside celebrating the birthday. 

On another note, I use Halls cough drops often as a diversion and today, I saw lemon honey cough drops and bought a bag. I gotta tell ya, they are mighty good! I may not smell like Halls for much longer. LOL 

11 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

That is a wonderful feeling!  Good job Donna!

beazel

Clearing those hurdles is an amazing feeling - thanks for sharing!

Barbscloud

Those successes keep adding up, so the next time it's  easier.  Good for you.

Barb

sweetplt

Great Job Donna...like the Halls idea too ...~ Colleen

Giulia

Rooster Crow.gif  You crow, girl!

maryfreecig

Another great quitting moment shared! Thank you.

Jeanmarc19561

That is awesome and good for you! I couldn't help but think it's better to smell like Halls than a cigarette. 

Crow away, you deserve to!

Strudel

What a great success story! I loved learning to live in the moment along the way on this journey! Way to go! 

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

I've lived in the moment a lot, but since I turned 60, I live in the moment almost all the derned time. 

Donna