cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

53 days and a busy day

I was too busy today to even think about smoking. But it's day 53! Amazing. 

I got my stitches out for my thumb surgery and scheduled the left hand index and middle finger surgery for early April. I didn't want to fix all the trigger fingers at once because I didn't want to heal both hands at one time. So now the right hand is back in action with the thumb fixed and the left hand will join it shortly! I can go back to the pool/gym in a couple days. Now to get off my arse and actually do that. I'm ready to start working on the pounds I've gained with the quit. 

I had errands to run and went here and there doing this and that, and then home for lunch. 

Then off to take the dog to the vet. She's got a sore on one of her legs. My husband went with me  to make handling the dog a little easier. She got a steroid shot and we'll double here allergy medicine for a week. Hopefully, she won't need surgery to remove whatever is happening in that spot. Right now, she's sleeping like there's no tomorrow. I think the vet trip stressed her out just a bit.

Now I'm settling down to watch a little TV and just have some down time.

So, happy day 53 to me. Hope everyone is well and smoke-free!

Donna

Day 53

Tags (1)
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Sounds like a good day overall.  Glad hubby could help with the dog...............and none of the stress involved caused you to want to smoke a cigarette?  If so - PROUD of you!

Nancy

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

Nary a cigarette was smoked. I have mentioned in the past that my husband quit years ago and kept his last pack. I looked at the cigarettes in that pack today. They are so gross. LOL Brown and not even close to something I would smoke even in my "give me a butt!" days. 

Oh, another thing. I also mentioned that I bought a Juul to use to quit and played with it for a couple days before I lost it. I found that thing today. It now lives in the trash can, waiting for it's ride to the dump. My husband said, "You could have given it away!" I told him it felt damned good to throw that nasty thing right in the trash where it belonged. 

Nope, I think I am done smoking. I can't keep fixing aging body parts and then smoke to break them down again.

anaussiemom

BriskObeseCormorant-max-1mb.gif

sweetplt

Congratulations on 53 days of Freedom...~ you are doing super...hope your dog heals and is ok...~ Colleen

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

She seems to be doing okay. If she heals on her own in a week, it's all good; if not, we'll have the spot excised. She's a great healer, so I'm banking on option 1. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Hoping for option one FOR you.  Glad that your hand is healing well and that you have scheduled the other one.  You should be all healed and happy for the EX Reunion!

Ellen

0 Kudos