cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Hiker

BReathing easy (easier)

So my quit date was last friday. Today, Tuesday, I went to my yoga class. I always knew breathing was a big part of yoga and many times had difficulty keeping up in the class. Today yippeeee.... I know it's only been a few days but already I'm seeing a difference. I know it will get only better, so when I had some cravings during the day, I was able to overcome them with the thought of being able to really embrace the yoga class experience.  Taking a moment to close my eyes, focus on taking a big breath and slowly exhaling fully. Sad that I was out of breath after a bit but that only confirms my KEEP THE QUIT!

And thanks for all the support comments. I didn't think a support group would be helpful but it really is! I'm happily surprised.....

Tags (1)
14 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on your success. 

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Just one of the many benefits of Quitting Hiker , breathing better.  I am so happy you are seeing results so early in your quit.  You are almost through Hell week.  Whoo hoo, hang in there and protect that Quit.

YoungAtHeart

I am a lap swimmer and a yoga practitioner.  I usually did about 40 minutes or so of  laps and promised myself that if my smoking ever impacted my ability to swim laps, I would quit.  The decrease in breathing ability was so slow that I never realized how much it had impacted it until I quit.  WOW - what a difference now!

I always lost my breath before the rest of the class in the final yoga "ummmmmmm" - but never connected it to smoking.  This addiction speaks VOLUMES (if we listen!).  I haven't been in yoga class for a bit because of physical problems, but can't WAIT to see the improvement there, too!  I bet I will outlast them all now!  How cool will THAT be?!

Keep going - it really does get better!

Nancy

Hiker

Good for you!!

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

Hiker Bravo.  I love yoga.   You to have got this!!

3266717mkia1bj6vo.gif

AnnetteMM

One of the greatest immediate benefits! And since your sense of smell also gets better, you can take a deep fragrant breath outside and enjoy fresh air like never before.

Barbscloud

Great to see your already having positive effects from quitting.  That's a real motivator.

Barb

elvan

How wonderful that you are experiencing such positive results so soon.  I remember feeling jealous when I read blogs like this one...I didn't get those amazing results because I really did wait too long to quit and I allowed too much damage to be done.  Keep going and I am sure you will feel more and more positives that are a direct result of your quit.  Congratulations!

Ellen

maryfreecig

Congratulations! Keep working your quit.