cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

No deep thoughts to share

Yep, nothing enlightening to say, just felt the need to post something.

I embarked on day 51 today and I made a bit of headway. I used to smoke on the front porch. I have not sat on my glider out there since I quit. I needed to use my Dremel today do to some sanding and where I do that happens to be the same place I used to smoke, on that corner of the glider, near the plug, near the table with the ashtray on it, near the small trash can for things like cig packs. I didn't even  think twice. I went on the porch, got all set up, and did the sanding I needed to do. I noticed my bottle of bubbles (thanks elvan‌!) and blew a few when I was done with my work. Then I looked around and saw my trash. What a pig I was! There are packs on the floor and in the trash, and what the heck? I decided not to address the mess today, but I will get back to it. 

Anyway, a hurdle behind me. I can now  sit on my glider on the front porch without smoking. This makes me happy. 

One day at a time.  

Tags (1)
15 Replies
Aew1031

I also have no deep thoughts today LOL so was happy to read your post!  Keep it going, I am too. Need some zip and pep!  

Looking for general inspiration for the day.  Am not wanting to smoke, just feel a little BLAH.  One more day without smoking is great!  Maybe that’s my zip for the day. 

0 Kudos
DonnaMarie

Zippy are we having fun yet.jpgHere you go, you need ZIP and I love Zippy the Pinhead, so here you go - Zippy for you! Keep that quit growing. 

Barbscloud

That's great. I know the feeling.  It took me months before I could sit on my deck.  One more challenge behind you is success.

Barb

DonnaMarie

It's weird - I trust myself, but I still have this tiny fear that I'm going to want to smoke in my old smoking places. My car is still working on airing out, but it's smelling fresher and fresher every day. Like I said, I will face cleaning up the smoking trash soon; I'm just not ready to be that up front and personal with it just this minute. 

It's like kids and training a dog - I want to set myself up for success, not failure. 

Donna

Day 51

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on continuing your journey.  Sometimes baby steps get us further than giant leaps.  That way we don't have to walk backward.  Onward, Forward Never give up, never give in. 

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

200.gifEllen meme for sure ❤️ elvan!29468832_1247209222049042_1538846984989835264_n.jpg

Or to feel blah doin"  bubbles.

elvan

anaussiemom‌ LOVE the meme! 

sweetplt

Congratulations  DonnaMarie 51 days of Freedom is super.  Thank you for sharing the porch experience.  I haven't sat on my back deck since quitting smoking ... and that was my place...so I have prepared for when I am ready to take the plunge.  So happy you can go back out on your glider...Enjoy your day...! Colleen aka sweetp

DonnaMarie

We have the good fortune of wonderful weather today, so I've been on the back deck too. I started sitting at the table back there yesterday. It's funny how we have to go back to our old haunts thoughtfully and carefully. 

0 Kudos