Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mykids

Need help

im starting to have a little crave 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Beck37

Get out of your head..... you are going to have cravings, it is normal. It’s what you do about it that counts. If you truly have committed to not smoking ever, you will be fine, you will live. Just shake it out of your head and move on to something else. 

Dont know how long your quit is,  but the mental part of this is the most difficult. Chances are you have smoked for a long time. It is like being born again, but this time as a non-smoker. Most of us have no memory of what this looks like and are learning how to cope with every day life. 

The good news is we are all going thru or have been thru the same thing and are all here for each other. Remember though your quit is up to you. You are in charge of whether you are successful or not. There are no slip ups. You don’t accidentally fall onto a lit cigarette....  it’s all about your attitude. 

Be amazing... you’ve so got this!

Beck

mykids

Thank you. You are right. It’s all in my head I don’t need them in my life. 

sweetplt

Get your list out and start doing those items...ie., drink water, suck on lemon, do puzzle, go take a shower, jumping jacks and one thing helps me with a crave, helping others on this site.  Start reading and responding...to others...

let the crave pass. Don’t Smoke, you don’t want to start day 1 again...praying for you Colleen

YoungAtHeart

Distract, distract, distract.  Find things on the list, or come up with some of your own.

You have made the decision not to smoke again - now honor it..  You can't win an argument with yourself about smoking a cigarette, so don't have it!

Breathe - slowly in, slowly out, going slower and deeper with each.

Nancy

sweetplt

Checking in with you and hoping the crave is subsiding ... thinking about you ...

0 Kudos
mykids

Thank you. The craving is not as bad today. I’m doing real good. Thanks for thinking about me. 

sweetplt

Just looked, your are on 160 days quit, that is super...sometimes when I get the crave I tell myself tomorrow’s a New day...here’s to your new day of Feeedom. ((((Hugs))))

Daniela2016

Deep breathing for a couple of minutes always helped me; sit down, close your eyes and follow your breathing, you can follow this: 

Image result for deep breathing animated