cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Good morning all

Good morning getting ready to start day 3 it's my first day going back to work as a non smoker I am a little nervous but I know I have to take this a day at a time I have read day 3 is the hardest . I am on patch and have my quit kit ready . Any more tips ? 

19 Replies
Deena-A-Yenni

Slow deep breaths should you get anxious.  Tall drink of cool water if a crave comes around.  It shouldn't with the patch.  Try to stay away from your smoking past.  Smoke breaks.  Places you bought your smokes.  Happy 3rd Day of Freedom from cigarettes!!  Come back on if you can and tell us how you're doing.

anaussiemom

546f7eaf9c443d77ecc8b88adbf8d964.gif

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations on making the decision to quit smoking.  Day three can be the hardest or it can be the easiest if you are prepared.  You say you have your quit kit ready.  The main thing is to not lose sight to USE it.  I put that in caps because it is most important.  Use it you will not lose it.   Have a great day and know that quitting is doable.  If you can go one day without smoking you can go forever.  Never give up never give it. No matter what is happening in your life. NOPE. Like deena-a-yenni‌ said Breathe. 

YoungAtHeart

Take your breaks with a short, brisk walk where smokers AREN'T.  Sip from a cold bottle of water.  Use slow, deep breaths, going slower and deeper with each for any stressful events.  Leave a situation if you can if you start to feel triggered.  Get some tunes to play in the car, or listen to a book on tape, or count the red/blue/white cars you see, or make up stories about the passengers in the car next to you.  Are they going to work or school?  Are they stressed about it?  Why?  Did they watch the Super Bowl?  Who did the root for?  Are they happy at the result?  Which commercial was their favorite and why?  If more than one person is in the car, are they related?  Where are they going.......

You can do this - BELIEVE it!

Let us know how you are doing!

Nancy

Barbscloud

Face day three head on and follow the advice you've received.  You've got this!  Have a special day.

Barb

sweetplt

Drink lots of water...you will do great...sending good vibes your way ~ Colleen

maryfreecig

Late day now, how did your day go? 

It went good I was tempted but I didn't do it

JACKIE1-25-15

Remember it is only a thought that you do not have to act upon.  Good Job.