cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sweetplt

60 Days Quit and Going

Hi All You Exer's,

I am celebrating 60 days today and very proud.  At times, it is a struggle, but I realize from this group the more I say to myself, "I don't do that anymore" the better it has become.  More or Less, smoking isn't an option when I socialize and have a cocktail, when I am stressed, when I am on the phone with toxic family members, when I see someone else light up, etc., 

We all have our problems, it is so part of Life.  I want to offer something here even if it helps one person quit and keep the quit.  The last two weeks, my father (who has Alzheimer's) fractured his head (he is doing much better, I watched a dog run out in the street and a car hit and kill it (I love love animals), I stepped in sewage after having a pedicure and almost ended up with a staph infection, one of my best friends husband's died, my family is drama and toxic (meaning sisters and mom) and I left them use me as a doormat etc., this all took place the last two weeks...in the past, I would have smoked away all of these "Life things"...but I didn't and you know why? Because Smoking Would not Help one of these things.  Not one, wouldn't bring my girlfriends husband back, wouldn't help my dad's head...and so on...

Life goes on with its "ups and downs".  The struggle is learning to deal with each thing while protecting a new quit.

Well YOU CAN because this time my QUIT is For me and the Number One thing in my Life.  Take the plunge and do the work and Quit smoking.  Smoking is controlling YOU...by Quitting your taking your life back and learning to Deal with problems the right way.  

I Thank God everyday for giving me the strength & life to say NOPE.  I am here for anyone who needs help.  I am wishing each of you a Smoke Free Beautiful Friday on my 60 Days Quit...Love and Hugs ~ Colleen aka sweetp

13 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on your fabulous 60 days.  You're attitude is amazing and you've helped so many others already--including me.

Barb

sweetplt

Thank you Barb for your kindness...you too have helped me...that's the cool part of being here on this site.  ~ Colleen

JACKIE1-25-15

Congratulations 

You have really grown in your quit. Good Job.

Don't quit on your quit. 

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations on 60 days!  I think that when we accept the fact that smoking does not solve any of life's problems, then we are on the path to a lifetime of freedom!  Best wishes to you!

YoungAtHeart

Might I suggest that you limit your time with your toxic family, if you can?  And - you can excuse yourself from any phone conversation by claiming to have to use the restroom. Or somebody at the door?  Or another call you have to take coming in? 

Life is always going to happen; how you respond to it tells the tale.  You responded WELL!  Proud of you!

Nancy

sweetplt

Hi Nancy, Youngatheart.7.4.12

Truthfully I am working on this situation...not running to them, phone or text...I am 54 years old and it is the first time I am taking my life back from them...I am reading a book right now about "Letting Go" of toxic family, it is helping me tremendously...I have a good husband and dog and friends...life to short not to enjoy...Thank you for sharing...I have rang a door bell a few times and said..."oops someone is at the door"...lol...

shashort

Woohoo and congratulations on 60 days free.  Your so right lie does happen but not one puff of a cigarette helps solve any problems.  

sweetplt

shashort 

It really does help...Thanks for your support...

sweetplt

Oops meant does this spell check drives me crazy