cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge February 2019

pastedImage_1.png

Considering February is the shortest month of the year, it sure does have a lot of holidays!

Chinese New Year

National Freedom Day

Groundhog Day

Valentine’s Day

President’s Day

Mardi Gras

My birthday

My son’s birthday

Ash Wednesday

Black History Month

American Heart Month

Chocolate Lover’s Month

National Bird Feeding Month

National Dental Month

Some fun facts about February:

1. February is named after the purification ritual Februa, which was a sort of early Roman spring cleaning festival. 
  2. In Old English, February was called Solmonath (Mud month) or Kale-monath (Kale or cabbage month). 
  3. February frequently occurs in lists of the most commonly misspelled words in the English language.
  4. The Americans have trouble with the word February too – last year, a press release from the White House consistently spelt it as Feburary. 
  5. Much Ado About Nothing is the only Shakespeare play that mentions February. 
  6. Before Julius Caesar’s calendar reform of 45BC, February was the only month with an even number of days. All the rest had 29 or 31. 
  7. February is the only month that can pass with no full moon. The last time this occurred was in 2018 and prior to that was 1999. 
  8. In the USA, the largest American sporting event is held in February, the Super Bowl.
  9. The birthstone for February is amethyst. The birth flower is the violet or iris. 
  10. The ancient Greeks believed that amethyst protected the wearer from drunkenness.

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
573 Replies
Roller831

It is finally warming up today in the Midwest!  I am happy to take MarilynH 's hand and pledge not to smoke today NMW while EXtending my free hand to the nExt EXer who chooses to pledge the same!

Roller 590 DOF 

millon03

roller831‌ thank you for the hand! I will gladly take it and pledge not to smoke today! I extend my free hand to the next Exer and ask that they join us in this pledge!

Peace!

M. 10 DOF

AnnetteMM

Hello millon03! I'll take your hand today, and extend mine forward. Happy February!

(roller831 check the date on #7 up there)

DavesTime

Annette, thanks for your hand!  I gratefully take it and pledge not to smoke today.  Enjoy a smoke-free, nicotine-free weekend!  EXtending my hand to the next one to pledge.

Dave

142 DOF

kellyanngood

Thank you for your hand AnnetteMN I give my hand to the next Have a great day!!

karenjones

Happy to take your hand kellyanngood‌ and pledge not to smoke cigarettes today,  I hold out my free hand to anyone, who, like us, is smart enough not to smoke cigarettes today.    Karen with 10 months 17 day of freedom.

Nanalori

I accept your hand karen as I pledge not to smoke today. I offer my other to next in line.

Barb102

Happy to take your hand and say NOPE. I offer my other hand to support the next person to pledge with us 

Barb 379 DOF

wlh

Thanks for your hand @Barb102!

I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 700 dof