Ender

Preparation is key

Discussion created by Ender on Jan 30, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 by AnnetteMM

I am relatively new here and wanted to share my story/journey/frustrations/hopes. Sorry if it comes out as stream-of-consciousness rambling.

Two weeks ago I set a quit date for this past Sunday. Things did not go as planned, and I didn't end up having my quit day until yesterday. Unfortunately today I relapsed, but it turned out to be a good thing overall. I dove into some EXTREMELY helpful blog posts here and now realize I was a bit unprepared for the first 72hrs. The main thing I've learned through my journey so far is that acceptance and preparation are key. I really only believed I was 75% addicted when reality and SCIENCE prove otherwise. I also hadn't done enough research on myself and the tools necessary for my personal journey.

The good news is I am still very hopeful despite my failures this week. The chief reason being I have learned a lot and am more prepared now. So thank you to everyone who has shared their struggles, given advice, and supported those who have just begun this journey like myself. I now have far fewer illusions about the path forward but am more encouraged than I've ever been.

Outcomes