cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kkplayhouse

Day 5

Today is my day 5!! Feeling a little anxious but overall pretty darn good. I'm proud of myself. Going to investigate the gym in my neighborhood to add a more healthier lifestyle. Keep me in your hearts and prayers through smoke free day 5.

2 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Congrats on Day Five!  Going to the gym is a GREAT idea.   Exercising will produce that hit of dopamine you are missing from not smoking,  will improve your mood and start to create that NEW, healthier you.

GOOD!

Nancy

elvan

I could not agree more with YoungAtHeart‌ about the importance of exercise.  I was really sick when I quit and it took a while for me to recover enough so I could exercise.  I have not forgotten getting a stationary bike and getting on it for my first try at that form of exercise.  I felt AMAZING.  I could not go fast and I could not go on for very long, BUT, what I was able to do made me feel like a million dollars.  I have a better bike now and I do ten miles, five days a week.  It makes me feel like I am taking care of myself.  In the summer, I use an outdoor pool and do water aerobics also five days a week, weather permitting.  It is a really good way to solidify your commitment to quitting.  I am really happy for you.

Ellen

0 Kudos