millon03

EXERCISE

Discussion created by millon03 on Jan 29, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2019 by sweetplt

OMG, I just thought, I haven't smoke in a week, sure I can knock out 20 laps in the pool. I haven't been in the pool since early Dec. I stopped going because I caught the flu really bad, and then that turned into bronchitis. When I did go before I got sick I coughed so much and was so afraid because I could never catch my breath and doing a free stroke lap was almost impossible. Water aerobics was a little easier, but still I coughed. Today I didn't cough once (victory!!) but my lord, my heart was pounding out of my chest! Being determined, I managed to get 16 laps in. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow. Also did some resistance training and that I am sure to feel as well.  All in all, it felt great and I feel like I accomplished something! I much prefer the solitude of the pool next to the crowded weight / cardio room.

How long did it take some of you, who have gone back to working out, or just walking, to get some sort of decent stamina? Is my heart always going to pound like this? Will this speed up the recovery of my lungs or slow it down? 

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

Outcomes