cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Aew1031

Quitting Again

Successfully quit smoking last year for 4 months and didn't miss it a bit.  However, there was a sudden death in my family and all of a sudden I was thrust to be in charge of everything.  Started smoking again to "get me through the stressful period" but am still smoking about 1/2 pack a day.  Have one left and want to rid myself of the whole business.  I quit before with the help of this community.  Blogged every day.  Almost scared to go back to read my blogs on the previous smoke-free journey.  So painful.  HELP!

Tags (2)
17 Replies
gregp136

It is hard to admit we have failed, and embarrassing to know that we are weak when it comes to nicotine. I share your struggle, but know I can succeed.  So can you.  Know that this group is filled with people who have struggled like we are, been weak like we are, been embarrassed like we are, and they still succeeded.  We can too.  Personally, I need to not be too proud to lean on them, and be open to acknowledging that I am weak and scared, and I need other's help!

Greg

YoungAtHeart

I strongly recommend you go back and read the information that helped you get ready the first time.  Here is a link to a blog I wrote with links to lots of material:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/17060-for-our-new-years-quitters-and-community-members-too 

Glad you are back at it! 

Let us know how we can help!

Nancy

Aew1031

Thank you Youngatheart.  Am so glad you are still participating.  And thank you for the new/old info.

Barbscloud

Welcome back.   Relapsing isn't a failure, that's why you'e back.  Most of us have had multiple attempts so we understand what you're feeling,  The fact that you came back shows your strength and your desire to quit.  We're here for you if you assistance.

Barb

anaussiemom

Aew1031  Lots and lots of support here.  You can do it!

48355658_10156750792889654_2109187911407632384_n.jpg

Lauralives

First of all I am so sorry for your loss.  It is difficult to prepare for surprises, but we all know that smoking really doesn't help us.  I, too failed after 491 days but am back to NOPE!  I am 27 days smoke free.  You were just practicing for this final quit!!  You know you can do it and you know you need to blog and read and accept all the support that is here for all of us!!

sweetplt

Thank you for coming back.  Sorry for your loss and the stress.  Now setb hat Quit date and Prepare...we have your back  Colleen aka sweetp

Giulia

Focus your mind on that first sentence of yours.  "Didn't miss it a bit."  If that was true before, there is absolutely no reason why it can't be true again.  It's just the start up that's rough.  Jump in, don't look back.  Say YES, I CAN!

Barb102

It’s ok be kind to yourself and start your forever quit. You can do it. Smoking doesn’t make anything better. It makes things worse by making you sick. Then you will wish you gas quit sooner. Arm yourself with everything you need to succeed. Also remember you have us.