cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

BPs and Pulse

I have been scared straight.  I have been thru so much heart ache with tobacco addiciton> One would think I would have learned something.  NO, I have to go thru BP sky high,  to be to scared to smoke.    I want this fear to stick.  Yep I crave but not for long periods of times but a lot.  10 days in, almost another day won.   

Just wanna know BP is still high.  Not as bad though.  My pulse has been running about 62?   Am I kinda like pre-dead?

Kinda kidding kinda not.  I am fookin" scared straight.   I want to keep that fear.  Yesterday was a big all time low, depressed state.  I felt and still do that is my my BP med.  To much diuretic.  Pulse still low Idk.   Not looking for medical advice.

Just anyone else get low pulse? 

Pre-dead Kim

26 Replies
Sootie

Well- I run a low pulse and a low BP all the time. It's just me......I always have. Doctors don't seem to think its a problem-----although I will confess I don't "do doctors" much. But when I absolutely HAVE to -----I do always have a low pulse and BP.

millon03

Same with me, very low BP & pulse. I think it is common in women.

Jennifer-Quit

Hopefully they will get your meds regulated soon - keep after them until they do.  We all know that smoking would only make your situation worse.  Keeping you in my prayers Kim.

anaussiemom

I have had high blood pressure, for way to long.  I never had a reading like last week though.  I thank God for being with the Surgeon I was with.  ❤️ 

elvan

I have a very slow pulse and LOW blood pressure.  A pulse of 62 is usually a sign of an athlete, my husband has high blood pressure and they are thrilled when his pulse is slow because it is less of a strain on his heart.  Still on call for the cardiac cath...tick, tock, tick, tock.  SO annoying.  I know they don't work on weekends so I KNOW it won't be Monday...beyond that, I have no idea.  You sound MUCH better tonight, Kim.  I am happy for that.

Hugs,

Ellen

anaussiemom

Still on call for the cardiac cath...?   I dont know what you mean?  Are you or hubby having surgery?

0 Kudos
elvan

Yikes, not ME.  He is going to have the cath and then PROBABLY a stent and he will have to stay overnight.  I HATE being on call.

anaussiemom

oh I see.  So you are waiting for a when?  I see.

0 Kudos
jconfusion

meditation helps lower my bp  and calms us down.  good luck!