cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gramX2

2 Second thought

I was emptying the wastebaskets in my office today and someone had thrown out a couple of cigarettes. As I was getting ready to dump it, I actually thought about taking those cigarettes out of the trash. Two seconds, my brain was yelling take em', take em', fortunately the other side of my brain, said that's disgusting , why would you even think of taking something out of the garbage and put it in your mouth-GROSS! That is the power of addiction and I am learning that everyday. And everyday, I continue to say NOPE, one day at a time.

8 Replies
Barbscloud

Congrats on a good decision.  That fleeting second is all it takes.  Those successes make us stronger and prepare us future challenges.

Barb

JACKIE1-25-15

I call what you experienced a few seconds of grace.  The addiction is all powerful.  We always have a choice.  It will always be a choice.  Continue to Choose Correctly.  Wow, that is a blog title.  lol  inside joke.  Good job. 

AnnetteMM

Isn't it amazing how strong that pull is?  Addiction is relentless!  But I'm so glad you are, too.

butt butt

Barbara145

Great job.  You are doing this.  Carry on.

elvan

Seriously GREAT job...that makes me sick but I have heard worse.  Glad you came back from the brink quickly!

Ellen

sweetplt

Congratulations on a good choice...don’t feel a lone I think we all have stories of desperation with this addiction.  You did good, one step in front of another...

Giulia

Keep listening to the good brain and you'll be quit forever!