rgr2018

New Year's Quitter Having Problems

Discussion created by rgr2018 on Jan 24, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 2, 2019 by sweetplt

Hi there - My quit date was 1/1/19 and so far I have been smoke free. I take chantix and am using the patch as well as some gum from time to time.  I prepared for this quit (my very first serious attempt) for over a month, reading all the suggested materials from this and other web sites.  I made all my lists about why I wanted to quit and things to do instead of smoke and I have my quit kit well stocked with candies, chewing gum, and snacks.  So you would think I would be in good shape.  But as I reach day 24 I almost feel like I'm entering an early no man's land.  I feel disconnected from everything ...like I'm waiting for something to happen, but it never does.  I have to maintain this quit for lots of reasons and I don't want to feel like it's in jeapordy, but I wanted to check in for some early advice before I find myself trying that bs of thinking I can take one puff and still be ok.  Bottom line, I could really use some feedback on why I'm feeling this way after more than 3 weeks and what I can do to prevent it from ruining my quit.  Thanks in advance.  Best regards, Rosemary

Outcomes