cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Angelm07

Help

Totally craving a smoke..I'm at work..took a short walk but it's freezing out..cant cchew gum I have TMJ

21 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Come outside the box. Drink bottled water through a straw. Suck on a mint.  As for gum, you don't have to chew it.  Break off a small piece and place it under your tongue.  Cinnamon sticks, licorice root. cut up straws.  /blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoke?sr=search&searchId=1f36...

Angelm07

Thanks grabbed a bottle of water..

TW517

Any kind of movement helps.  Walking with swinging arms is great if you can do that inside.  I wore headphones at work and listened to oldies and just bopped my head with the music sometimes.  Believe it or not, that really helps.

Angelm07

Thanks will put my earbuds in my work bag

Barbscloud

Chew on straws!!!  The cold outside for a few minutes might snap you back to keep your quit!

Barb

sweetplt

Many things to do ...do more work, go in bathroom and do jumping jacks, listen to some relaxing music, suck on hard cinnamon candy... start reading blogs and comment, sometimes helping others will help you...if nothing all else pray for strength...sending good vibes your way.

Angelm07

Thank you!

Yes. We help ourselves by helping others.

M n @ Signature 002-5.JPG